LAST UPDATED: February 11, 2018
Welcome to the MYSCHOOLINMOTION.ORG website (“Site”). This Site is owned and operated by My School in Motion, Inc., a 501(c)3 public benefit corporation (“MSIM”).
Personal Information We Collect From Our Website Visitors
Information Collected Directly from You:
When registering on our Site you will be asked to enter your name, email address, zip code, school/organization and position. You may also be asked for other details, such as the demographics of your school. This information is requested in order to serve you and also to determine how to best serve the community at large.
Information Collected Automatically:
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site, and combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable your user name, name other personal information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Site or our services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your email address to send you news and newsletters, special offers and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To analyze user behavior
When We May Share Your Personal Information
We do not sell, exchange or share any of the personal information we collect from MSIM users with any other entity, except in the following circumstances:
- Change to our Business: If we are acquired by or merged with another company; or, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, including but not limited to, a judicial proceeding, court order, or subpoena.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
What You Can Do To Protect Your Personal Information
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, mobile device and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by emailing email@example.com. Please note that copies of the previously submitted information, which you subsequently updated, modified, or deleted, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any service you have requested or received from us.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, you may be able to browse certain areas of our Site, but some features may not function.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
Third Party Analytics
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children Under 13
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.